With India becoming a pioneer in the field of renewable energy and participating vividly in all the solar energy conferences across the globe, it is taking all the necessary steps to forge itself as one of the forerunners in providing solar energy to the farmers and agriculturalists. The state government of Maharashtra has bought about an ambitious scheme to help harness the immense potential of solar energy to the farmers.
The objective of Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana 2020
To provide irrigation facilities to the farmers of the state of Gujarat at subsidized rates.
Benefits of Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana
The following are the plethora of benefits offered by the scheme, Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana:
- Pump Set is one of the biggest investments a farmer has to make to irrigate his field. A lot of electricity is required to maintain the pump set. Though the state government of Maharashtra has provided enough subsidies for electricity to farmers, there are many instances where the supply of electricity gets hampered due to multiple reasons. When employing solar energy to run the pump set, this issue can be avoided. The government has planned to provide about 95% subsidy for the scheme which is almost equal to free of cost provision.
- The diesel pumps are very expensive to maintain and also cause a lot of pollution. This can be avoided by using solar pumps.
- The power subsidy is bought under a different purview when there is the decoupling of the irrigation facility
- Farmers who hold land in a region that hasn’t received the NOC from the forest department and where conventional sources of energy aren’t available.
- In the first phase of Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana, around 25,000 solar agricultural pumps would be provided to the farmers. In the second phase of the scheme, around 50,000 solar agricultural pumps would be provided to the farmers. In the third phase of the scheme, around 25,000 pumps will be distributed.
- The farmers of the state will get 3 HP motor for farm size less than 3 acres and 5 HP motors for larger sized farms. The farmers who want to obtain 3 HP sized motors for their farms can get a 95% subsidy on the total amount and the farmers who want to obtain 5 HP sized motors can get a cash incentive of about INR 1000.
- Apart from the solar pumps providing scheme, a lighting system comprising of one LED light along with one USB port for charging is provided to the farmers.
- On-grid solar agricultural pumps are provided as it is only for day time usage in the farmlands. The farmer can also invest in batteries and other kinds of devices for harnessing solar energy.
How to apply for Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana?
These are the steps you need to take to apply for Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Yojana:
- The user has to visit www.mahadiscom.in.
- On the homepage of the website, the beneficiary services tab appears.
- As you click on the tab, apply online menu is shown as a drop-down menu
- When you click on Apply Now, an application form will be displayed on the screen of the user’s computer
- All the required details have to be entered. From the name of the applicant, address of the applicant, property details of the applicant, the location where the pump has to be installed, etc.
- The important documents need to be uploaded as well
- After the completion, the submit button has to be clicked
How to track the application form?
To know the stage of processing of the application form, one has to follow the below steps:
- One has to visit the www.mahadiscom.in. link
- The Beneficiary services tab appears on the screen
- As you click on it, one can see the Track Application Option
- On the Track Application Option, the user has to enter the Beneficiary ID
- The status of the application is displayed to the user
- What are the important documents needed to apply for this scheme?
- The following are the necessary documents needed to apply for this scheme.
Aadhar Aadhar is one of the most important documents. It acts as proof of where the person resides.
- Identity Card
An identity card is provided to certify that he/she is holding farmland in the state of Gujarat.
- Residence Certificate
Aadhar Card denotes the place of birth and at times, the home address in Aadhar doesn’t match with the address mentioned in the Residence certificate. This is why a Residence certificate is needed.
- Farm papers
The farmer must hold the relevant document stating that the farmland belongs to him.
- Mobile number
The mobile number of the farmer should be provided to obtain regular updates regarding the scheme.
The passbook of the bank account serves as a copy for checking the debit and credit transactions. This is one of the best documents to show the income statement of the farmer.
- Passport size photo
The passport size photo of the farmer has to be uploaded on to the application form by scanning it and compressing it.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for this scheme?
Though one can list a long set of eligibility criteria, some of the main points are listed below.
- The applicant should be a farmer in the state of Gujarat
- He should be a resident of the state of Gujarat
- He should not be using the rented piece of land in Gujarat
Can one application in the offline mode for this scheme?
Yes. One can visit the government offices and the department about the agriculture department. However, the process is lengthy and time-consuming.
Can one check the status of the application form in the offline mode?
No. One cannot check the status of the application form in the offline mode. One has to apply online to check the status of the form.
Can one avail of this scheme if they already own a pump set?
Yes. One can avail of this scheme even if they already own a pump set.
- 1 The objective of Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana 2020
- 2 How to apply for Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana?
- 3 How to track the application form?
- 4 FAQs