मुख्यमंत्री किसान सहाय योजना: (કિસાન સહાય) ऑनलाइन आवेदन, पंजीकरण स्टेटस
Chief Minister Kisan Sahay Yojana was announced by the Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani in August 2020. The farmers who had incurred major losses due to the irregular pattern of rains, especially in the quarantine period can make use of this scheme. The farmers can also avail of loans from the State Disaster Response Fund when there is a loss of crops due to events of natural calamity. The scheme strengthens the status of farmers by providing financial aid via this scheme.
Kisan Sahay Yojana
Kisan Sahay Yojana was launched by the CM of Gujarat replacing the already existing Fasal Bhima Yojana in the state. The various government-held insurance firms have sought the government of Gujarat INR 4500 crores for providing a premium to the farmers in the state. The farmers are covered under Kisan Sahay Yojana and they are provided premium in installments.
The farmers will be provided a premium under this Yojana. The compensation will be provided to the farmers only if there is a 33% of crop loss due to any kind of natural calamity.
“ મુખ્યમંત્રી કિસાન સહાય યોજના “ pic.twitter.com/VbrrAPellR
— Vijay Rupani (@vijayrupanibjp) August 10, 2020
Objectives of the scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide insurance to the farmers holding a maximum of 4 hectares of land. This indicates that the large landholding farmers would not be benefitted from this scheme in any possible way. The scheme protects small-time farmers from any kind of natural calamity.
Features of the scheme
Kisan Sahay Yojana 2023 has the following features.
- The compensation under Kisan Sahay Yojana will be provided only to a maximum of 4 hectares of land.
- If there is a crop loss of around 33% to 66%, then the farmers will be provided a premium of around INR 20,000.
- If there is a crop loss beyond 66%, then the farmers will be provided a premium of around INR25,000.
- The farmers who are beneficiaries of this scheme can also avail of the benefits shared under the State Disaster Response Fund
- Around 56 lakh farmers can get benefited from this scheme. The process to register under this scheme is much simpler when compared to Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana. A separate portal has been allotted by the state government of Gujarat to facilitate online payments. Under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana, only 15 to 17 lakh farmers under the state would be covered.
- Each farmer will get benefitted up to a premium of INR 1 lakh
- The farmers holding 8 A land records registered under the government of India and the farmers registered under the Forest Rights Act are considered as beneficiaries under the Kisan Sahay Yojana.
- When a farmer becomes a beneficiary of this scheme, he need not pay any amount for the premium to get his crops insured. The government pays the insurance companies on behalf of the farmers.
This scheme provides umpteen benefits to the farmers who had sown the seeds in the Kharif season. When it rains profusely in the Kharif season, the farmers get a lot of benefits from the government.
The scheme also assists in the draught season. If a particular place receives rainfall less than 10 inches in the monsoon period, then the place will be designated as a drought area. If a particular place doesn’t receive rainfall for 28 days in a row during the monsoon period, then the place is designated as a drought area.
In case the place has gotten severely damaged due to heavy rainfall also, one can obtain benefits from this scheme. When a particular region obtains rainfall of more than 25 inches in the monsoon period or receives very heavy rainfall within 48 hours, then the place is designated as a damaged area.
The period during which the place receives rainfall is from October 15 to November 15. If a place receives more than 50mm of rainfall within 48 hours, then the place is considered severely damaged.
- The government follows an extensive procedure to prepare the beneficiary list.
- The district collectors are made to prepare the list of talukas
- The revenue department is made to allocate the money to the respective talukas
- A survey team will be expected to visit the site and will provide feedback within 15 days
- After the survey, the name of the farmers to whom the benefits of the scheme are to be provided are added to the list
- The government prepares one list for 33% of losses incurred and another list is prepared for 66% of losses incurred.
How do the farmers need to apply for this scheme?
The farmers who are residing in rural areas can approach the e-gram centers of the villages and other town panchayats. The e-gram centers would get around INR 8 per application.
The farmers need not possess the needed computer skills to apply for this scheme. The personnel at the center would guide them through this scheme.
As of now, there is no provision available to upload the scheme-related documents in offline mode. There is no separate portal allotted to upload the documents as well. One needs to upload only on the website available at the e-gram centers.
Documents needed to apply for this scheme
There are certain important documents a person has to upload along with the application form. The documents will be scanned and uploaded to the website of the scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- Passport Size photograph
- Land Record
- Income Proof
- Bank Account details
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
1. What is the deadline provided to apply for this scheme?
There is no deadline provided to apply for this scheme. It is set to get implemented in the Kharif Season.
2. How to obtain information regarding the scheme?
https://revenuedepartment.gujarat.gov.in/home the government has provided the contact details of all the departments involved in the assigning of the scheme-related details. One can obtain information regarding the scheme by visiting the portal.
3. How will the money be transferred?
The money will be transferred straight to the bank account of the beneficiary by the Direct Benefit Transfer method.