Namo Tablet Yojana: Online Registration, Specification/Price (Buy Online)
Digital Gujarat Namo Tablet stands for New Avenues of Modern Education Tablet. The state government of Gujarat has obtained these tablets at very nominal prices from brands like Lenovo and Acer. The main aim of selling these laptops is to encourage digital learning in colleges. In the purview of creating a digital environment for holistic learning, the yojana was bought about.
The scheme was announced in the year 2017 by the Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani. Laptops were distributed to the students of the first years in several events conducted. The government also has plans of providing laptops to students in the future as well.
All the students will be happy to know that the government is promoting the use of digital education in the country. It will now be possible for students who want to study online but do not have a laptop or tablet to study over the internet.
You must know that the government is offering students a great opportunity to get an excellent tablet in which they can study online. But you must also know that the government is providing a huge relief when we are talking about the price range of the tablet. If you are purchasing a tablet under the NAMO Tablet Yojana 2023 then you will get a great advantage and some relevance in the price range.
NAMO Tablet Yojana 2023 – Objectives
The following are the objectives of the NAMO Tablet Yojana:
- To provide tablets to around 3.5 lakh college-going students in the state
- To provide tablets to students at subsidized rates
- To provide students tablets valued at INR 8000 at just INR 1000
- To provide digital infrastructure to the colleges by using funds collected via this scheme
- To not provide laptops free of cost to discourage freebie culture
NAMO Tablet Yojana-Features
The following are the features of the NAMO Tablet Specifications:
- The tablets will be provided to first-year college going students
- The tablets will be given to those students who belong to the BPL category
- Only the students whose family annual income is around INR 1 lakh can apply for this scheme
- The size of the tablet is 7 inches
- The original price of the tablet is INR 8000 but it is sold at a subsidized price to the students at only INR 1000
NAMO Tablet-Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain the NAMO tablet:
- The student must submit the income certificate of the family
- The students must have passed class 12 to obtain the NAMO tablet
- The student must be a permanent resident of Gujarat
- The student must be a part of any educational institution in the state
What are the documents required to apply for NAMO Tablet?
These are the following documents required to apply for NAMO Tablet:
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID card
- 12th certificate
- College admission certificate
- BPL certificate
- Caste Certificate
How to apply for NAMO Tablet?
Namo Tablet Yojana Online Registration these are the following steps a student needs to follow to apply for the NAMO tablet.
- The student has to visit the link https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/Tablet.aspx. On the homepage of the website, the person needs to click on Apply Now
- The application form will appear on the screen
- The student has to fill in all the required details and upload the supporting documents as well
- The student can only pay in the digital mode of payment. Netbanking, cards are the mode of payment
- The student has to click on the Submit button
The application will be processed by the department of education, the government of Gujarat. Once the application gets approved, the laptops will be sent to the student’s home or another place of residence.
The students can also apply for tablets in offline mode. The person needs to apply at the office or any other department devoted to the application of the NAMO tablet.
The registration process for the NAMO tablet
The following is the registration process of the NAMO tablet. The students of colleges and schools are required to register themselves with this scheme. The registration process of this scheme is as follows:
- The college/university has to provide the list of eligible students to the digital portal of the education department.
- The students will have to deposit the required amount of money with the college. The college in return hands over a receipt to the students who are paying. The money is held with the college authorities.
- Once the payment is collected, the colleges and universities can start with the registration process. In case, the college wants to register a new student in the portal, then the college has to visit the link https://sje.gujarat.gov.in/showpage.aspx?contentid=1&lang=English.
- Under the Add New Student column, the college has to enter the details of the student like name, contact number, parent’s name, educational details, income details, etc.
- Once the college fills in all the required details, then the college will be asked to enter the board and seat details in the upcoming column.
- If the student is already a member of the scheme, then when entered the registration number, the student can view the educational details of the student. If the student has not registered himself with the website, then the college has to enter the payment receipt number and the date of payment.
- Now, you can add the name of the student to the list
If a few other student details are to be entered, then one must use the Add new student column again.
The student must add the from and the to date in the registration form to check if the scheme applies to him or not.
What are the specifications of the NAMO tablet?
The following are the specification of the NAMO tablet:
- The size of the screen is 7 inches
- Voice calling is available on the tablet
- The operating system of the NAMO tablet is Android
- The tablet has both rear and front view camera
- The tablet has internet. WiFi and SIM card facility
- One can download study materials on this tablet
1. Whom should the students contact in case they need any sort of help?
The students should contact the 079-26566000 helpline number to obtain any sort of help regarding the NAMO tablet. The helpline number is available from 11 am to 5 pm.
2. Can any first-year student register to obtain a NAMO tablet?
No. Only the students belonging to the BPL category can apply for the NAMO tablet. The students whose family’s income is more than 1 lakh per annum cannot apply for this scheme.
3. Can school students apply for the NAMO tablet?
No. Only the students who had passed out of school can avail NAMO tablet. The students have to submit their school passing certificate or the transfer certificate to avail themselves of the benefits of this scheme.
4. What is the Namo E Tablet price?
The Namo E Tablet price originally is ₹ 8000 INR but it is sold at a subsidized price to the students at only ₹ 1000 INR.
5. NAMO Tablet is free for students?
NAMO Tablet is not a free Tablet for students from government the price is one thousand Indian rupees.
6. What is NAMO Tablet Full Form?
The full form of the NAMO Tablet is New Avenues of Modern Education.