Gargi Puraskar Yojana is a scheme announced by the state government of Rajasthan. The scheme intends to provide some amount as an incentive to the girl children of the state who are very meritorious in their secondary schooling. The girl students who have passed their 10th board will be given a prize amount of INR 3000 as a way of encouraging and motivating them to perform better.
The girl students who have passed their 12th board exam will be given a prize amount of INR 5000 to make them pursue higher education. The state government has earmarked the auspicious occasion of Besant Panchami to award these cash prize scholarships to the meritorious students. In the year 2020, the Gargi Puraskar Yojana was awarded to the meritorious girl students. The yojana is said to be implemented in the coming years as well.
Gargi Puraskar Yojana Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for Gargi Puraskar Yojana is not too elaborate. The scheme is only meant for the girl students in the state of Rajasthan. The female students who have passed 10th and 12th scoring more than 75% are only eligible for this scheme. The female students should continue their education beyond class 10 to obtain the benefits that would be obtained via class 12 marks.
What are the important documents needed to apply for Gargi Puraskar Yojana?
The following are the important documents needed to apply for Gargi Puraskar Yojana.
- Bank account
The girl child must have a bank account of her own. The prize money is not awarded in terms of cash but it is given in cheque. Also, this is done with a motive to avoid money laundering by the girl’s family.
- Aadhar card
The girl child must be from the state of Rajasthan. She must submit her Aadhar card document to the state government of Rajasthan to apply for this scheme. The girl child should be a permanent resident of the state government of Rajasthan.
- Residence Certificate
A person might have his/her Aadhar card address in a different location. The residence certificate can be the Ration card or any other such relevant document. This shows the place of residence in a very concise manner.
- Passport size photo
The girl child is required to submit the passport size photograph in soft copy on the website meant for the scheme. A scanned copy of the passport size photograph is needed.
- PAN Card
PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. The PAN Card has to be submitted along with the Bank Account number to register oneself for this scheme.
- Income certificate
The income certificate of the parents of a girl child must be submitted to register oneself for this scheme. The parents of the girl child whose income levels fall more than INR 1 lakh per annum is not eligible to accrue the benefits of the scheme. The girl child belonging to any category can avail of the scheme. The parents of the child should not be a government employee.
- Class 10/Class 12 marksheet
The student must hold class 10 and class 12 mark sheet to be a part of this scheme. These mark sheets must be attested by the authorized officer of the education department of the state government of Rajasthan.
Benefits of Gargi Puraskar Yojana
There are a plethora of benefits obtained via the Gargi Puraskar Yojana. Some of the most common are listed below.
- In the city of Jaipur alone, around 20,000 girl students have gotten benefitted via this scheme.
- There is a common practice in the families in the state of Rajasthan to make the girl child stop going to school beyond 7th or 8th grade. This scheme serves as a boost to the girl students in the state government of Rajasthan.
- Helps the girl students in the application of college-related documents and schemes.
How to apply for this scheme?
Both online and offline mode is available to apply for this scheme. The steps involved in the application of this scheme are not too elaborate.
The user has to follow the given steps to apply for this scheme via online mode.
Before visiting the website meant for the scheme, the user has to fill in the registration form
- The name of the girl child, roll no and mobile number has to be entered
- After entering the mobile number, an OTP will be sent to the user
- After entering the OTP, the student can go ahead with the filling of the registration form
- The website has to be visited using this link http://rajsanskrit.nic.in/
- The tab of Balika Shiksha Protshahan has to be clicked on the homepage
- Once the user clicks on the tab, a drop-down menu appears, from which the user has to click Gargi Award
- The application form meant for Gargi Award has to be filled and the required soft copies of the various documents need to be uploaded
- After filling in the application form, the security check question must be answered and the form has to be submitted.
The offline mode of applying for this scheme is very simple and not too elaborate.
- The user has to visit the website, rajsanskrit.nic.in
- The form can be downloaded from the tab, Download Forms & Software
- Under this tab, one can spot the Forms option
- The user has to choose the Gargi scheme under this submenu
- The direct link to download the application form is http://rajsanskrit.nic.in/gargi_form_new.pdf
- The application form meant for the scheme can be downloaded from this link
- The user has to fill in the application form and send it to the address of the education department, the state government of Rajasthan mentioning the name of the officer
1. Is the only online mode available to apply for this scheme?
No. Both online and offline mode is available to apply for this scheme.
2. Can one apply for this scheme without the 10th and 12th mark sheet?
No. Those are the mandatory documents to apply for this scheme.
3. Why should income certificates be submitted?
As the parents whose income falls more than INR 1 lakh per annum cannot apply for this scheme, income certificate should be provided no matter what.
- 1 Gargi Puraskar Yojana Eligibility criteria
- 2 What are the important documents needed to apply for Gargi Puraskar Yojana?
- 3 Benefits of Gargi Puraskar Yojana
- 4 How to apply for this scheme?
- 5 FAQs