Vidyasaarathi Scholarship 2020
- 1 Vidyasaarathi Scholarship 2020
- 2 Steps to apply at www.vidyasaarathi.co.in
It is the sole right of any corporation to provide for any kind of scholarship. Scholarships fund for poverty bound children, who are restricted by the boundaries of funding but nurture a passion of knowledge in their hearts. The Vidyasaarthi scholarship is a platform of the NSDL, or, National Securities Depository Limited, of India. Through this platform, corporations reach out for these students, helping them with scholarships so that they can pursue their future. It is a subtle endeavor put forward by the Indian Government to erase the gap between funding and education in our country through an online platform. Corporate companies having turnovers of more than Rupees 1000 crore can take part in building a secure future for the country.
A) For corporate companies who want to be a part of this national funding program:
The Companies Act, as well as the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Policy Rules under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs have recently given the power of scholarship funding to the companies contributing greatly towards the Indian economy. This has been in effect since April 1st, 2014. Since then, lakhs of students have been successfully able to realize their dreams. The criteria for a company to take part in this program are:
- The net worth of the company should be equal to more than Rupees 500 crore
- The turnover of the company should be at the step of Rupees 1000 crore or more
- The company should be making a net profit of Rupees 5 crore or more
B) For students who want to apply for the scholarship:
There is no particular qualification or criterion that every student needs to stick to. Different schemes have their own set of eligibility criteria. From students of class eight to students pursuing higher education in degrees such as M. Science or M. Tech, the scope of being approved for scholarship depends on different criteria.
- If the student has already appeared for his or her 10th standard examination, and HSC (Higher Secondary Education) in 12th standard, then he or she should have scored more than 50 percentile marks in total to be eligible
- The annual income of the student’s family should be anywhere in between Rupees 0 to Rupees 50,000
- Certain schemes might only fund for students of a particular domicile. So for such schemes, students should have certificates declaring their caste.
- The student should be a residential Indian citizen, with proper documents such as aadhar card, birth certificate, student bank passbook etc.
Dates for application for Vidyasaarathi Scholarship:
Most of the applications start filling up from the middle of January every year and closes by mid-February to the beginning of March on www.vidyasaarathi.co.in. The opening and closing dates of the applications entirely depend upon the degree for which you want the scholarship. Whether the academic session is from April to March or from January to January also plays a vital role in determining the dates of scholarship.
Places where the scheme has been launched:
Students from all over India can apply for the Visyasaarthi Scholarship. Being an online scheme, it does not need to set up offices along the area of the country, but it has launched the scheme in Mumbai, Kymore Plant, Madukkarai Plant, and Sindri Plant.
The clientele of Vidyasaarthi Scholarship:
The group of clients of this government effort comprised of the major businesses in this country.
TATA Housing, ACC Cement, Thomson Returns, Dun and Bradstreet, Schindler, MPCL, ADHPL (Ad Hydro Power Limited), Care Ratings, SNL Bearing Limited, JSW Foundation and eClerx are to name a few of them.
How to apply to Vidyasaarathi Portal ?
The whole program supports students and encourages schools and colleges to promote this plan by registering under the program.
Things to keep in mind before applying:
- The student should have a valid email id
- The student should have a working phone number
- The name of the student in the entry should not differ from any other document submitted
- A bank account
- While filling out the form, there should be no mistake. Any mistake can make the student disqualified for the approval of scholarship
Steps to apply at www.vidyasaarathi.co.in
- Go to the website of Vidyasaarthi Scholarship www.vidyasaarathi.co.in link.
- An option for creating a student ID or Sign Up will be visible by scrolling down a bit. Click on it
- A new page will open. Here you need to fill up the required details of the name as per aadhar card, mobile number, email ID, and a password for the account
- A captcha consisting of a mix of numbers and alphabets will be there at the end of the sign-up process. It confirms that the person filling out the form is not a robot.
- An activation link will be sent to the email address. After your application gets activated, you can then log in to your account
- After logging in to the account, you will be asked to complete your profile. The fields with the asterisk mark mean that the field should be mandatory filled in. Your past study information needs to fill up there.
- You can search for the best scholarships for your studies there and apply for it.
Fees required for applying for a scholarship:
Powered by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and NSDL, who are leading the economy of India, there are no application fees charged for the scholarship.
Conclusion about the scheme:
The Vidyasaarthi portal gives students the fortune to carry forward to their dreams. With a rising cost of education and getting a degree, loans have got students drowning in oceans of debt. Other underprivileged children, who aren’t able to afford their dreams, get left behind. The Vidyasaarthi portal provides for such children, assists them in their path to realizing their aims. A single child can apply for multiple educational scholarships. Progress is visible in every part of the world, and no progress is greater than having a greater percentile of the literate and educated population.