Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana 2020: Registration/ Application Form, Instructions
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana is a scheme announced by the state government of Gujarat. Under this scheme, when a girl child is born into a family that falls in the below poverty line, then the government allocates a fund of about INR 1,10,000 for economic assistance. The scheme was majorly developed keeping in mind the families that belong to Scheduled Castes Community.
The Indian governmental structure is a federal one. All the states in India have their state government. These state governments need to devise their policies in line with the policies announced by the central government. One of the latest initiatives by the Central Government of India is Beti Bachao Beti Padhao. Under this initiative, the state government of Gujarat has announced Vahli Dikri Yojana.
Objectives of the Scheme
The following are the objectives of the scheme.
- Encourage school level education of the girl child
The records in Gujarat state that 30% of girls drop out of school before they reach Class 9 and 57% of girls drop out of school before they reach Class 12. There is another side to Gujarat, despite being industrially rich, the boy-girl child ratio is very less. The Vahli Dikri Yojana translates into Dear Daughter scheme. The families with more than 2 girl children per family cannot avail of the benefits of this scheme. The applicant should also not be a beneficiary of any other funding provided by the government of Gujarat or enjoy the benefits provided by the pension scheme.
- Promote the economic well-being of the girl child
The main motive behind the announcement of this scheme is to increase the girl child population, to prevent school dropouts, increase the economic status of the girl child and to avoid early girl child marriages in the state. A lot of families in the rural side of Gujarat tend to pursue female foeticide to avoid the menace of raising the girl child.
The funds allotted to this scheme will lead to an increase in the educational level of girl and also provides a substantial amount for their growth and well-being. According to the scheme, the girl child will be provided with a financial aid of INR 4000 in her Class I. As she reaches her Class IX, she will be provided with a financial aid of INR 6000. When the girl child attains 18 years of age, the government will provide them with an incentive of about INR 1 lakh.
Provision of Rs.133-crore for a new scheme named ‘Vahali Dikri Yojana’ announced with an objective of improving girl child birth rate, strengthening socio-economic status of girls in the society, arrest their drop-out rate and prevent child marriages#GujaratBudget pic.twitter.com/Ndsu5Y5ee6
— CMO Gujarat (@CMOGuj) July 2, 2019
Features of the scheme
The following are the features of the scheme
- Paid in installments
As the corpus fixed for the well-being of the girl child will be paid in installments, there are very fewer chances of misusing the funds by the family of the girl. As the girl attains 18 years of age, she has the legal right to use up the INR 1 lakh deposited by the government under her name for her further expense. It can be marriage, higher education, or any other vocational training.
- Funds allotted by the state government of Gujarat
The state government of Gujarat has allotted a fund of around INR 133 crores for the fiscal year 2019-2020. The government is said to increase the fund’s amount in the future as well. This is funded by the state government of Gujarat. There is a certain type of policy where the funding is shared between the public-private partnership. In the case of the government of Gujarat, it is not the case.
- Eliminates social evils
The scheme’s main aim is to remove all the social evils in the region. The scheme is applicable both in the rural region and in the urban region as well.
Documents required to apply for the scheme
One can apply for the scheme either in offline mode or in online mode. When the documents are being uploaded in online mode, then one has to upload the soft copies of the documents. When the documents are being uploaded in offline mode, then one has to submit either the original or xerox copies of the documents.
- A Valid Identity Card. This can be Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Voter ID/Driving License
- A valid address proof. This can be Aadhar Card or Passport or any Property Tax Bill
- Income certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Resident document
- Financial Certificate as the scheme can only be availed by the families belonging to BPL
- School Admission Certificate
- Bank Passbook for registering the bank account
How to apply for the scheme?
- One has to visit the website using the following link
- One can find the online Vahli Dikri Yojana application form in the link
- The user has to fill in all the required details
- The required documents have to be attached with the application form
- The application submitted will be reviewed by the regional officers
- Only when the application gets approved, the person’s name will be added to the beneficiary list
- The user needs to upload only the authentic documents to avail complete benefits
Offline application form
One can download the offline application form from the website
The user can take a print out of the application form, fill in all the required details and then submit it to the respective authorities after attaching all the required documents
Before applying, the user has to read all the scheme related information carefully.
1. Can anyone apply for the scheme?
No. The users who don’t fall under the BPL cannot apply for this scheme. This scheme is exclusively dedicated to the people belonging to SC and BPL category.
2. Should one enroll the girl child in the school to avail of the scheme?
Yes. One needs to produce the documents of the girl child’s admission in the school to receive the INR 4000 allotted to the girl child.
3. Should the user possess Aadhar Card as a compulsory document for applying to the scheme?
Yes. Aadhar card is one of the most important documents for applying to this scheme. Only this document would brief out the relation between the girl child and the family. This is to ensure the security of the girl child.
- 1 Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana 2020: Registration/ Application Form, Instructions
- 2 Objectives of the Scheme
- 3 Features of the scheme
- 4 Documents required to apply for the scheme
- 5 How to apply for the scheme?
- 6 FAQs